Great Reasons to Choose Winnipeg as the Location of your Next Meeting or Convention!
- Winnipeg is the diversity capital of Canada. Our architecture, people, cuisine, languages spoken, festivals, special events, cultural offerings, and facilities are some of the most unique and interesting in the country. We are a multi-cultural place where our diversity is celebrated and promoted.
- Winnipeg is one of the most affordable cities in Canada. Accommodation choices range from modern web-enabled high-tech marvels, cozy bed and breakfast homes to familiar modern regional and international brands… even a historical castle with old world charm.
- Have your delegates arrive fresh and ready to work! No more red-eye flights back to the office. Winnipeg is in the geographic centre of the continent – what could be more convenient?
- Experienced people throughout our facilities and properties make doing business here quick and easy. Unique venues such as Fort Gibraltar, a full sized wooden replica of a frontier fort, or the stunning historical jewel, the 1911 newly refurbished CIBC Bank building, with marble, stained glass, carvings and intricate frieze makes your event memorable. Use a museum gallery as a reception facility or let one of our two ultra modern Casinos host your group.
- Winnipeg is a destination with four distinct seasons. This brings a variety of options to your group. Take your delegates to Festival du Voyageur in February for Cajun music, dog sled racing, and enjoy the “joie de vivre” of French Canadian Culture. Winnipeg is one of the sunniest places in Canada. Summer means golf! Take a break and golf at one of the 25 courses in the city or play on an additional 28 rural courses within an hour of the city.
- Winnipeg is home to world-class ballet, theatre, visual arts, opera, contemporary dance, jazz, pop, blues, symphonic music, and multi-cultural experiences that have been rated by the Globe and Mail as being some of the best in the country. And best of all, its so affordable you can include everyone.
- Winnipeg is the perfect location for a convention that includes the entire family. Shop in eclectic boutiques in interesting neighborhoods for one-of-a-kind treasures. The kids will have a ball cheering on the Winnipeg Goldeyes Baseball Team. The Manitoba Children’s Museum has tons of interactive fun. The Fort Whyte Centre, Oak Hammock Marsh and the lovely Assiniboine Park provide the outdoor adventure that adults and kids love.
- Winnipeg chefs blend influences from around the world then add in local specialties like golden caviar, pickerel, bison or some of Manitoba’s abundant grains, berries, or vegetables to make some of the most unique culinary creations in Canada.
- A creative and approachable “Team Winnipeg” is standing by to assist your group with all the details and the perfect itinerary that will make certain that your group’s objectives are met in a relaxed and stimulating environment.
- Winnipeg has an outstanding reputation as a location for national and international conventions. In 2007, the city played host to the Chemical Institute of Canada in May, the Robert Burns World Federation Limited in August, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in September and the College of Family Physicians of Canada in October, to name just a few.
We have a million ideas. Tell us your dream meeting and we will help you make it happen!