Businesses looking to tap into Francophone and Anglophone markets have access to a diverse network in St. Boniface, Winnipeg’s French Quarter.
St. Boniface offers:
- a highly qualified and bilingual workforce
- the amenities needed for working and living in a French milieu
- vibrant Francophone education and culture
The benefits of working and living in St. Boniface include:
- access to everyday services in French
- bilingual legal and accounting services offering support to Canadian and foreign business communities
- French-language banking services
- comprehensive media coverage in French
- health services in French
- service in both official languages in stores and restaurants
- cultural activities in French
- schooling in French, from daycare services to university studies
Destination Winnipeg recognizes that the city’s large and active Francophone community is a key economic asset.
Destination Winnipeg assists with significant projects of Corporation de développement économique Riel, which assists Francophone businesses in St. Boniface, St. Vital, and St. Norbert, promoting bilingualism as a value-added asset in Winnipeg and stimulating economic development.
Destination Winnipeg supports the Corporation’s efforts in French Quarter revitalization, health research initiatives, and Festival du Voyageur, Western Canada’s largest winter festival.
Strong business community support
Other organizations promoting economic development in the Francophone community are:
- La Chambre de commerce francophone de Saint-Boniface, which encourages, improves, and promotes social and economic development in the Francophone community. “La Chambre” serves all Manitoba businesses that wish to operate and communicate in French.
- Le Conseil de développement économique des municipalitiés bilingues du Manitoba, offering you the expertise and resources to provide your business with the best opportunity to succeed and thrive.
- La Société franco-manitobaine, which is a strong voice for the Franco-Manitoban community, plans, facilitates, and promotes the global development of all facets of the community in close cooperation with its partners.
Francophone education and culture
The Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface is Western Canada’s foremost French-language university. The College offers a general and specialized university education and vocational training, and prepares its graduates for a diversified marketplace.
The Centre culturel franco-manitobain and its resident groups promote a vibrant French culture through live musical entertainment, art gallery, theatre, and dance.