Destination Winnipeg Inc. is Winnipeg’s economic development and tourism services agency.
Our mandate is to market the city and provide services to facilitate economic development and tourism opportunities for Winnipeg in collaboration with partners.
In delivering its mandate, Destination Winnipeg will take a sustainable, long-term approach to economic development and tourism, share responsibilities with partners. These values recognize the interests of many stakeholders in the economic growth of Winnipeg.
Our objectives are to:
- be an effective broker for business retention, expansion, and attraction opportunities;
- profile Winnipeg as a city of choice in which to work, live, and play;
- facilitate economic growth through the development of a broad network of partnerships;
- effectively address customer needs for information related to economic development and tourism;
- identify barriers to the city’s future economic growth and be part of delivering solutions in addressing those barriers.
The key roles and services we provide are:
- Information – timely and relevant information on Winnipeg’s economy, community, and on strategic business sectors;
- Marketing – quality marketing materials and promotion of Winnipeg to businesses, industries, convention, and event planners, media and visitors;
- Brokering – effective brokering coordination with appropriate City and Provincial departments to facilitate economic development and tourism projects and to leverage investment in targeted projects and sectors;
- Partnering – mobilizing resources and coordination of efforts among key players in strategic sectors and;
- Project management and support – focusing on results to help the retention, expansion, and attraction of business and tourism in Winnipeg.